We Install Jasper Engines and Transmissions
What’s the difference between Used, Rebuilt, and Remanufactured?
Used Engines, Transmissions, and Differentials
Used components are pulled directly from a vehicle – typically a junkyard vehicle – and generally not even so much as surface cleaned. There are no provisions for disassembly, internal cleaning or inspection with a used component. Used or junkyard components may have high mileage and a poor maintenance history – a failure waiting to happen. Many used or junkyard components come from a vehicle that was involved in an accident and may have unseen damage.
Rebuilt Engines, Transmissions, and Differentials
To rebuild is to recondition by cleaning, inspecting and replacing severely worn or broken parts. Serviceable parts are reused within the manufacturer’s acceptable wear limits. The quality of rebuilt components varies widely and many come with only a limited warranty.
Remanufactured Engines, Transmissions, and Differentials
To remanufacture is to make as close to new as possible. Most wearable parts are automatically replaced. All core material is closely inspected and checked against original equipment specifications for correct dimensional tolerances. Replacement parts are new or requalified. If new, parts are made in the same production processes as original equipment. Testing is performed to manufacturer specifications and original production standards.
Choose for yourself, but know that JASPER will only provide completely remanufactured engines, transmissions, differentials and drivetrain products — or any of our other remanufactured components — with a nationwide warranty. You can drive away from your technician’s shop with confidence if you have a JASPER reman component.
It’s what you don’t see that counts.
- Live-run testing of popular complete engines assures trouble-free performance and security for you and your family.
- Torque-plat honing, a procedure performed on NASCAR engines, reduces blow-by and possible early engine failure caused by cylinder distortion.
- 100% new pistons and rings, along with a complete set of new and qualified parts, assures that the engine you purchase performs to your expectations and satisfaction.
- An available Premium Service Plan provides premium labor, towing, car rental and fluid reimbursement on top of our already outstanding warranty.
- Updates are performed to eliminate original equipment design flaws that lead to early failure or reduced performance.
Just because your engine or transmission goes out doesn’t mean you should junk your vehicle. Jasper Engines and Transmissions are remanufactured, meaning it’s much more affordable than buying a new vehicle.
Buying a remanufactured engine or transmission will add years of life to your vehicle.
All of our remanufactured engines and transmissions come with a 100,000 mile / 3 year warranty. That means you can drive with peace of mind in your investment.
- JASPER Engines & Transmissions was founded in 1942 and today is the nation’s largest mass remanufacturer of a diverse line of drivetrain components. The product mix also includes performance engines and transmissions, marine engines, stern drives, outboard lower units and outboard powerheads, alternate fuel engines and electric motors.
- JASPER operates on a philosophy of a continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, customer service and the reduction of waste. Our mission statement is simple: “Do It Right and Have Fun!” We are committed to remain a leading force in the automotive industry. Progressive programs of research and new product development enable us to provide quality value-oriented products second to none.
Every remanufactured product is thoroughly tested and inspected for quality assurance.
Immediate availability on most popular applications. Fast turn around custom remanufacturing programs are also available.
- JASPER supplies transmissions and differentials to some of the greatest names in NASCAR racing. The technology we gain is built into the products we supply for your race of everyday life.
- JASPER remanufactured products are built to industry specifications that are equal to or more exact than those used by the original equipment manufacturer.
- JASPER remanufactured products are backed by written factory warranties. A Premium Service Plan is also available.
- The bottom line is value and JASPER remanufactured products provide value for your dollar in terms of longevity, durability and performance.